The Imani School’s administration and staff are already looking ahead and making plans for next school year. We are very excited to announce that, in place of our annual (and annoying!) Re-enrollment Process, The Imani School has moved to Continuous Enrollment. This is the "Set it and Forget it," model of re-enrollment that seeks to simplify life for the majority of Imani families who re-enroll every year. Once you sign a Continuous Enrollment Agreement this year, you'll never have to go through the re-enrollment process again!
Frequently Asked Questions
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at The Imani School, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
The Imani School leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until Imani families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” In a sense, we’ve been penalizing the vast majority of families by forcing you all to go through this process every year. Last year, for instance, we retained 80% of our student body. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 20% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
- Continuous Enrollment will start in February. Each student’s registration fees will be posted to his/her account by the first week of February.
- For those families on FACTS, Registration fees of $500 will be automatically withdrawn from your FACTS account in 3 equal installments of $166.67 on February 20, March 20, and April 20.
- Registration fees will be applied to the accounts of families not currently enrolled in FACTS.
- No re-enrollment papers, no big checks cut. It’s that simple! On March 15, unless you have notified the office that you will not be returning, your child will be placed on class lists for the following year.
We look forward to serving Imani families in this way and making the process even more convenient!
- Simplicity. Take this off your things-to-do list.
- Affordability. Rather than a lump sum, registration fees may be paid in one or in three installments February 20, March 20,and April 20.
- Guaranteed placement. We are either at or near capacity in many of our grades. By opting into continuous enrollment, you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child.
The typical re-enrollment season (January through March) will simply be a communication reminder from the Office informing the families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us in writing prior to the 15th of March. If last year is any indication, this means that 80+% of Imani families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
If a parent/guardian provides written notification of the student(s) not returning to the administration office prior to February 20, no registration fee or installment of tuition payment will be charged.
If a parent/guardian provides written notification to the office after March 20 but prior to April 20, the parent/guardian shall be released from any future registration payments but will forfeit any registration fees already made.
We’ve built flexibility into this agreement. So, for major life changes/unique circumstances like moving away from our school, or if Imani can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, if we ask your family to leave, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Administration approves, there will be no financial penalty.
The continuous enrollment agreement is to be completed at the time of enrollment. It will only take you a couple of minutes.