WITH HIGHER EXPECTATIONS COMES SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE
Research has shown that children live up to, or down to, the level of expectations. We set the standards high and provide the instruction and support needed to help the students reach them. The Imani School provides an enriched, developmentally appropriate, and highly challenging education for all of our students. At Imani , peer pressure works for education. Outstanding students encourage others to excel.
The curriculum is designed to both support and to stretch the student as the school prepares him for the increasingly demanding academic programs characteristic of the high schools which most of our graduates attend. Our record of success in educating our students is clearly evident in the self-confidence they exude, our standardized test scores and the numerous awards our students receive when competing against public and private schools locally and nationally in science, math, speech and writing.
Proven Achievement. Proven success.
The best way to judge a school is to look at the merits of its educational model and the success of its graduates. Imani graduates are recognized and accepted by the most highly selective high schools in the area. The Imani School is the proven choice in independent, Christian education for helping students develop the confidence and competence to succeed in life and in their future educational pursuits. Imani students stand out!
are recruited by the most highly selective high schools in the Houston area, and once there, they excel! By any traditional measure, The Imani students are well-educated, self-confident and well-prepared with the tools they will need to succeed
consistently score above the national norms on standardized tests in reading and math
have been recognized by the Duke University Talent Identification Program for outstanding achievement on the ACT or SAT college entrance exams as seventh graders
have placed first in numerous state and national competitions in speech, science, spelling talent, and writing
from Kindergarten to eighth grade find that the program is challenging, demanding, and structured. It is also caring and supportive
are counted among students in the Houston Metropolitan area recognized as National Merit Semifinalists
- An innovative STEAM curriculum which emphasizes exploration, critical thinking, and creativity
- A state-of-the-art Innovation Center with a 3Dprinter, computer, where students can create, imagine,learn coding, robotics and more
- African-American studies as an integral part of the curriculum
- An ELA program that incorporates Shakespeare and James Weldon Johnson, Robert Frost and Maya Angelou
- Spanish language from preschool through eighth grade
- An outstanding program in speech and performing arts which allows every child from preschool to 8th grade to perform before an audience.
- Accelerated Math – this research tested, computer-based approach in grades 5-8 tailors math assignments to each student’s individual level.
- A fully equipped science lab
- A competitive athletic program- our teams have won championships in track, basketball, and football
- Individualized curriculum allows for acceleration and support
- Dedicated teachers who rejoice in seeing each child develop and learn
- Academic Achievement
We give God the glory for every milestone reached, recognition awarded, and blessing bestowed.