Continuous Enrollment FAQ
Last year, 80% of eligible Imani School families returned to our school for this current year. We are trying to make the re-enrollment process as user-friendly and affordable as possible. We challenged ourselves to do better. We want to make things even easier for Imani families and reward such great school loyalty, and that’s what led to this year’s launch of Continuous Enrollment.
We have created a series of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) to help our families understand how this process works and to anticipate questions you might have. Please read over the various FAQs below to flesh out the details.
- What is Re-Enrollment?
- Why Does Re-Enrollment Matter? And why do we go through this every year?
- I have no plans to change schools- and almost everybody comes back every year anyway. Can’t I just stay at Imani until I notify the school otherwise?
- What will the Continuous Enrollment Look Like?
- Can I request a teacher?
- What do I get out of this?
- So after this year, what will the “Re-enrollment Season” Look Like?
- What’s the penalty if I break this contract?
- But what about unique circumstances? I’m planning on keeping my kids at Imani until eighth grade. What if God has other plans for my family?
- Ok. Great! How do I sign up for this?
Re-enrollment is an annual data collection process that schools use to update enrollment records of the current student body. This information is used as the school makes plans for the following school year. Basically, the simple question is: “Are you coming back to school next year?” For our leadership team at The Imani School, we need to know how many students we will have on the first day of school.
The Imani School leadership does a lot of planning to ensure that we’re prepared to fulfill our mission excellently every year. Until Imani families “sign on the line” that they’re coming back each year, we can’t make solid plans for staffing, programs, materials, curriculum and facility usage. We take the stewardship of tuition dollars entrusted to us every year very seriously. We want to invest these tuition dollars wisely so that we can provide the best education possible for our students.
Up until this point, re-enrollment has been an “opt-in” program. We annually ask every family, “Are you coming back?” In a sense, we’ve been penalizing the vast majority of families by forcing you all to go through this process every year. Last year, for instance, we retained 80% of our student body. So EVERYONE had to go through re-enrollment for the sake of the 20% that, for one reason or another, left our school community.
By completing your Continuous Enrollment agreement, you will be flipping that script. Rather than an opt-IN annual re-enrollment process, Imani’s annual re-enrollment will become an OPT-OUT process. In other words, if you’re coming back after signing your “Continuous Enrollment Agreement,” you’ll never have to worry about this again.
- Continuous Enrollment will start in February, 2018. Each student’s registration fees will be posted to his/her account by the fourth week of February.
- For those families on FACTS, Registration fees of $500 will be automatically withdrawn from your FACTS account in 3 equal installments of $166.67 on March 20, April 20 and May 20.
- Registration fees will be applied to the accounts of families not currently enrolled in FACTS.
- Continuous Enrollment Agreements are due by March 19, 2018.
- No re-enrollment papers, no big checks cut. It’s that simple! On March20, unless you have notified the office that you will not be returning, your child will be placed on class lists for the following year.
We look forward to serving Imani families in this way and making the process even more convenient!
Yes. Every effort will be made to honor a parent's written/submitted request for assignment to the teacher of their choice on a first come, first served basis. However we can not garauntee that all requests will be filled. Teacher requests maybe made during the online re-enrollment process.
Simplicity. Take this off your things-to-do list.
Affordability. Rather than a lump sum, registration fees may be paid in one or in three installments March 20, April 20 and May 20.
Guaranteed placement. We are either at or near capacity in many of our grades. By opting into continuous enrollment, you’ll be locking down that coveted seat for your child.
The typical re-enrollment season (January through March) will simply be a communication reminder from the Office informing the families that might be thinking about leaving our school to notify us in writing prior to the 20th of March. If last year is any indication, this means that 80+% of Imani families will have the convenience of ignoring this message and doing absolutely nothing!
If a parent/guardian provides written notification of the student(s) not returning, to the administration office prior to March 30, no registration fee or installment of tuition payment will be charged.
If a parent/guardian provides written notification to the office after March 30 but prior to May 1, the parent/guardian shall be released from any future registration payments but will forfeit any registration fees already made.
We’ve built flexibility into this contract. So, for major life changes/unique circumstances like moving away from our school, or if Imani can no longer meet your child’s educational needs, if we ask your family to leave, or if there is some unforeseen circumstance that our Administration approves, there will be no financial penalty.
The school office will send you an E-mail with easy step-by-step instructions through the process. It will only take you a couple of minutes. You’ll have until March 19th to complete it.