Back to School 2017-2018
Dear Imani Family,
It is with great anticipation and joy that I welcome you to the 2017-18 school year at The Imani School. God has truly blessed our school by allowing us to share in the education and development of some of the brightest, most talented, children in the world. To God be the glory! I am thankful to the teachers and staff who put life into our mantra, “committed to excellence for the glory of God.” And I am very thankful to you for choosing to allow us to partner with you in this journey.
2016-17 was an awesome year for my (okay, okay, OUR) children!
- Did you get to hear our PreK4 children read?! If not, you missed a treat. They are ready to take Kindergarten by storm!
- Our graduates were recruited, accepted, and received scholarships to the most selective high schools in the Houston area: St. John’s, Kincaid, St. Pius, Strake Jesuit, and Episcopal to name a few!
- Cullen Montgomery (Imani PreK-8th grade) was featured in VYPE magazine as the “Next Big Thing” in high school sports. (He’s always been a “big thing” to us!)
- Milan Clay, after winning 1st Place in the State, is headed to Orlando, Fla to compete at the National Jr. Beta Club in the Speech Competition. She will be taking the 1st place Scrapbook, Wreath and and Avery Thomas’ winning acrylic painting to enter the competition. We are all bursting with pride.
- The test scores are in and our children excelled at every grade level! Thank you teachers!
- Our Mighty Angels football team ended the season in second place in the league.
- The Imani Angels Chess Team took 1st Place in the elementary school division, and Dylan Wills and Emmanuel Humber tied for 1st Place in the individual category in the Houston Chess Assoc. Tournament!
- And of course, what about the play, “His Wondrous Works”? Our kids were magnificent as each one performed with such poise and confidence.
For all the information you need to get ready for the upcoming year just click on the links on the right of this page! As summer winds down, rest, relax, read a good book, and get ready for an awesome year!
In His Service,
Patricia Hogan Williams,
Head of School