Multimedia Learning Environments
Imani students have access to the world's information banks through a networked, multifaceted technology program.
- All classrooms from Pre-kindergarten to 8th grade have networked computers
- All classrooms from Kindergarten to 8th grade are multimedia learning environments with digital projectors and room wide audio
- 7th and 8th grade students are issued Google Chromebooks that are used daily in class
- Fiber optic cable line provides high-speed access to the internet
- A secured wireless network is available for students and faculty separately
- Upgraded server allows increased bandwidth to support more users and tighter security via an enhanced firewall
- Students have access to 25 networked workstations in the computer lab and a mobile computer lab with 25 laptops
- Formal instruction begins in kindergarten
These technologies and programs are not only exciting for the students, they also create a powerful foundation on which to build necessary technological skills. Imani students gain a working knowledge of how to utilize technology as a tool for success now, in high school and beyond.
Here are some of the multimedia academic programs implemented in the classroom on a daily basis: